Friday, March 16, 2012

Buzzards

I have this fascination with buzzards...kinda strange huh??
Prob even stranger that I know some useless facts about them too?
Georgia has a few nicknames and "The Buzzard State" is one...
They roost in large numbers<---there are usually hundreds in the trees behind my house!
A group of buzzards is called a "Venue". 
Buzzards circling in the air are a "Kettle". <-----just cause they are circling does not mean there is a dead animal close by...sometimes they are just looking for food or playing!
I am determined to save enough cash to buy a good zoom lens for my camera...so I can get some cool photos of them. 
So until then, I will enjoy the photos that I have recently taken...















If I were reincarnated, I'd want to come back a buzzard. Nothing hates him or envies him or wants him or needs him. He is never bothered or in danger, and he can eat anything.
William Faulkner

No comments: