Thursday, September 20, 2012

Megan



My daughter Megan, lives in New Jersey during the school year. I do not get that many photos of her. I see her cell phone photos she posts on Facebook which is cool BUT I do like my own photos of her.
While she was here for the summer I took her to the Coca Cola Science Center in Columbus Ga. We had a good time. Afterwards, she and I walked over to the railroad tracks not far from there. I needed to take photos of her and this was a cool place. There was gazebo there too, I got a few shots there. I didn’t feel these were really what I was wanting.
I am so not familiar with downtown Columbus…so on the way out from the science center we came upon a cobblestone road in the historic district. I told Megan that we would drive down it and I thought that would be a cool spot to do photos. There was very little traffic (none) on the road, so we go out and I had her sit down in the middle of the road.  the road had islands that divide up each direction of traffic flow. I had my back to where I couldn’t see cars coming up toward us. I told Megan to jump up and let me know if she saw a car approaching. That little brat didn’t and next thing I knew there was a police car right there. The officer politely tells me “you  know you can’t take pictures here!”  I start apologizing and explaining I had no clue since I didn’t live in that town and had never been in that area before….He then got a big grin on his face and started laughing…he told me he was just kidding and he was just trying to have some fun while he worked. I thought I was gonna die…Megan thought it was so flippin’ funny!!!! We got a good laugh about it…our day was full of laughs…her fave was when she was a tow truck that said “Happy Hookers Towing”! I got some cool shots of my beautiful daughter that day!
Megan…I love you to the moon and back! You are an awesome young lady and remind me of me at your age. We may not look a lot alike but you got a lot of my demeanor, artistic ability, and personality! Do not ever let anyone push you into being something you don’t want…if they can’t accept you and your individuality then you don’t need them in your life!

No comments: