Thursday, September 13, 2012

{{Andria & Corris}}


I met this awesome bride-to-be a few months back…she is such an amazing young woman! I could tell when I met her that she is going places in life. She is such a strong black woman and you don’t see that much in people her age anymore. Besides being strong, intelligent, and gorgeous she exudes love to her friends and family…and you can totally tell that her friends and family absolutely adore her too.
I was asked to photograph a bridal shower that was thrown in her and her fiancé’s honor at a local church in Phenix City, Alabama. Ya’ll know that I am super simple and very country and here in my area I have been to the little country churches…the church this shower was held at was OH-MY-GOSH gorgeous. I have never been in a church as big a beautiful as this one. 
Her family had decorated the fellowship hall with handmade decorations and the simplicity of those decorations made them even more pretty…lots of love went into those decorations.  Her mother made her this stacked cake with fresh strawberries and lots of whipped cream. All the food was delicious.
I ended up with some amazing photos…and the best compliment I received was when they asked me to photograph another shower. The next shower for her was at a salon in Columbus, GA. This was a luau theme and also a little more adult then the last. Everyone was asked to where white…all the ladies in attendance looked awesome. There was a vendor there called “Slumber Parties” which sells adult toys and enhancers. Those ladies had a blast!
I took many photos (portrait type) of these lovely ladies since they were all decked out in their white ensembles. Her and her family asked me to photograph the wedding rehearsal back in July. Again, you can see and feel the love in the room. I took many amazing photos that night. I didn’t get the job as wedding photographer since she had one booked way before she met me. I hated that I missed that wedding…I had another wedding to photograph on the same day as hers.
I chose to do her rehearsal photos a little different than all the others I took. I used a Photoshop filter that gives a little more dramatic feel to those photos. I felt that Andria would be getting photos of her wedding that were gorgeous from her photographer and I didn’t want the same type photos only with the people wearing different outfits. Plus after I looked at her rehearsal photos they seemed like snapshots and were kinda boring. I like telling a story when I photograph an event…those didn’t have that feel. Once I edited them with the filter those photos came to life. I think they came out awesome…Here are some of the photos from both showers and the rehearsal.



I would like to wish Andria June and her now husband Corris a long and happy marriage…CONGRATULATIONS!!

No comments: