Friday, September 14, 2012

Voice Mail...


To my family, friends, clients, and potential clients…Yes, I know that my mailbox is full…there is a perfectly good reason for that in my head…and it’s the reason I don’t have my number changed to a local Georgia number, too.
I honestly think that having voice mail on my phone is pointless…
I am one of those that really dislike having to leave a voice message on anyone’s phone…so I don’t expect others to leave me a voice message.
My dad passed away a little over 4 years ago…I still have messages in my inbox from him. It’s really nice hearing his voice from time to time.  I only listen to my messages once in a while because I am afraid of accidentally erasing his voice…I listen when I need that pick me up, when I don’t feel loved or I am really missing him!

My favorite message my dad left is "Hey Babydoll...I love you!"

I do know that kinda sounds nutty…but how many people can say they get to listen to an angel in heaven’s voice?? I can…and his voice is a reminder of the good and bad that we shared…his voice is a reminder that through all I have been through...I am still here on Earth accomplishing all that my God has and is throwing my way.
Oh and if I change my number to a local Georgia number I lose my existing voicemail box and I lose my dad’s voice. I am not ready for that …
I know it’s quirky BUT it’s one of my quirks and that makes me who I am.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss US author & illustrator (1904 - 1991)

No comments: