Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine’s Day



I haven’t written anything in a few days…wow!
My Honey made it home this past weekend. He was supposed to be home Friday…but didn’t get in till after lunch on Saturday. At least, he made it home. I think this was the first time in 8 years that he was home for Valentines Day.
On Valentines Day, 8 years ago, He gave me my house. My house is nothing more than a doublewide trailer on an acre of land…but it’s ours and our home. When He gave me the house years ago…he told me not to expect anything for V-day in the years to come…. lol!
This year, I got a heart shaped box of chocolate. How sweet was that? A display of love that is simple but classic. I thoroughly enjoyed the box of chocolates…my diet didn’t though! I let Sassy pick a piece out of the box…wide eyed she looked at everyone (with out touching them). Finally after careful scrutiny, she chose the one she wanted. She bit into it and you could see her savor the bite…you know eyes closed in a world of pure decadence. Next thing you know she popped her eyes open and said that she did good. She wasn’t thinking for herself…but she did good on my part. She got the only strawberry crème in the whole box. My family knows that I absolutely despise the taste of anything strawberry…so she did real good!!  She was proud!
On Saturday, after my Honey got home…we hung out for a bit. I had a girl’s night out planned. One of my friends invited me to a “true romance” party. I had never been to one BUT I can honestly say I had fun…nothing like being in room full of women ranging in age from 20+ to 70 looking at “romance enhancement products”. Like I said, I had fun!
Sunday, we went and had pizza for our V-day dinner. We had an awesome day.
Looking back over the years, I know I fall in love with my Honey over and over…I know many people thought we would not make it this long but we have proved them wrong. The day my Honey met me, he said he was gonna marry me one day. I am still waiting but we have been friends for 17 yrs and together 10 out of those. That means a lot.
We have had our ups and downs over the years BUT we overcame all that…look at us now.


PS…I love you, Bob!!!

No comments: