Thursday, March 24, 2011

Another buzzard photo....

YES, I have to admit that I am quite fascinated by these ugly birds...
Well yesterday on the way home, I was on Ft. Perry Rd and there were about a half dozen of these creatures on the road eating their fresh killed meal. I know that, a few hours before where I seen them, there was a big bunny roadkill there. I am assuming that is what they were eating. Anyhow, as I was coming home there they were eating in the middle of the opposite lane. From a past experience (earlier post), I knew that if I went by them one would fly off in front of me...
I was prepared today ...I guess you could say! There was a long enough stretch in the road for me to see them and hope they would not taunt me by hanging out as long as they could feasting. I tooted the horn when I was about a 1/4 mile from them. I rolled up the driver window, turned my camera on....as I got closer I tooted the horn more, all while holding the camera and driving. They are still eating...and in my head I am screaming "PLEASE move!"  The closer I got the louder the voice in my head got....by now I'm cussing in my head..."F***ing move already!" Driving with one hand, holding the camera with one hand and tooting the horn with my elbow...I close my eyes and grit my teeth...push the shutter button on my camera in hopes I get a pic of them as I go by them. Now mind you, I only had my eyes closed for maybe 2 seconds...I didn't hear a thump so I knew I didn't hit any. Yay! They got out of the way for me. My heart beating so fast, I was relieved. WHEW! Anyhow, I had forgotten about the camera til that evening. I went out to the truck and got it....in my panic, I never turned it off. Luckily, the battery wasn't dead. I put the pics on the computer and looked a them. I got a total of 6 pics in a matter of seconds. All but one were of the sky. I got one of the birds in the road. Even though I had my eyes closed, I still got to see what I missed when they were closed LOL!

No comments: