Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lack of Power...

I have come to realize power is important these days. Without it things kinda just come to a standstill. Power makes the world go…whether it is the power of communities, the country, leaders or even ELECTRICITY!
Last night, we were sitting here and the power flickered…like it does most everyday. When the power came back on my cable and internet were out. GRRRRR! So we sat here fiddle farting around. We were a little perturbed. About 15 minutes after the cable and internet went out the power went out again…WTF?
Sassy and me went outside and hung out till dark. It’s kinda not so bad when the power goes out during daylight hours…once it gets somewhat dark it sucks. While, we were outside Sassy traced leaves and colored. Sassy came in and got ready for bed about 8:30. So that meant I was being up by myself. You talk about BORING! I sat here twiddling my thumbs for a bit…finally decided to read a book…by flashlight. That kinda sucked too trying to find a place for the flashlight so that light reflecting off the light colored pages wasn’t blinding. I am reading a book by Robert Fulghum “All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten”. It’s a cute book…
I must’ve dozed off while reading, because I woke up to the dang electric smoke alarms going off and every light in the house on…AWWWW the power was back on!
Anyhow, like I said the world would be at a standstill if power went away…people would truly be besides their selves, finding things to do. I think we all take it for granted. I can honestly say…I seen more of my neighbors outside yesterday evening and heard laughter and playing from the neighborhood kids. I know I would be lost without my cable and internet but I need POWER for the simple things in life…like taking a warm shower with light…LOL! 
I did find out today why we were without power for about 4 hours yesterday...apparently some kind of critter  climbed up the power pole. It had the POWER to knock out electricity...and in the process it got fried. They said it caused the cross tie on the power pole to burn and the grass on the ground.
Anyhow, I snapped a few photos yesterday while I had nothing better to do…
This was the beautiful sunrise...

This kitty was hanging out in my yard....

Five months later...this little gargoyle and his rat buddy are still sitting on the porch...I am sure he will stay there until next Halloween...LOL

Sassy coloring her leaves...

Sassy and her leaves...

The sky was beautiful as the sun was going down. 

God's beauty...








No comments: