Saturday, March 5, 2011

Roller Skates

Yesterday was payday.... yay!
So I headed in to town to pick up a few things...I needed a sponge mop so I can wash the walls in the living room. I am gonna go get some paint in the next few days to paint. I figured I needed to wash walls before I painted. I got a few other things as well. I left that store and headed to the thrift store. This is my favorite store. Its a mess on the inside...really unorganized. Still it’s my fave. I have gotten many great things there for next to nothing.
Yesterday, my goal was to find some curtains for my living room. I know what I want and I don’t want to pay a fortune for them. Well, I ended up getting two flat sheets that actually matched. Well while I was there plundering through the mass array of junk, I found a set of roller skates. These skates took me back to my childhood. They were exactly like the ones I had. I remember getting the skates back then and I skated under the carport and on the sidewalks in Vegas. I had a friend that lived next door, Leanne, who skated with me sometimes.
There wasn’t a size in the skates at the store BUT I knew in my heart they would fit Sassy. I had to get them. They were a little dirty, nothing a magic eraser couldn’t take care of. They needed new laces. I really had to get them.
I walked around a bit more looking around and finding more treasure. I picked up the 2 sheets, a small white tablecloth with Battenberg lace and remnant of eyelet lace fabric. I went back and grabbed the skates. Like I said I had to have them. I spent a total of four bucks. I was proud.
I got home and set the skates on the back of the sofa…this is where I set all the “new” stuff I get for Sassy. When she got in from school, she seen them and her eyes got big and she was so happy. She couldn’t wait to get them on her little feet. I told her that she could wear them in the house and practice skating. Poor kid is 8 years old and never skated. Surprisingly, she is doing great at it. I told her that next time we go to town, to take them with us and I will let her skate at Grandpas house on this driveway or maybe we would go to the park and she can skate. She is tickled pink.
I think I got a great buy considering they were only a buck. The happiness in Sassy’s eyes is priceless. 

No comments: