Friday, January 28, 2011

Last weeks project...

So, here it's Friday already! I just realized, I hadn't posted pics of my project from last week.....I am such the procrastinator!!! I am kicking myself in the rear for not starting a project this week...BUT earlier in the week, I tripped, slipped and fell all within a minute! I am super sore....my knee is all bruised on the right leg...I think I must've kneed myself in the right calf with the left knee too....I, also, hurt my left shoulder! I messed up the rotator cuff a few years ago, I think i did it again. I really don't think I broke anything....just hurts like H-E-double hockey sticks!!!! So that postponed any sewing this week....since its kinda hard to sew one handed!

ANYHOW....here is pics of last weeks project! I made a dress form , so I can sew for Sassy when she is at school and can't try things on....and I took a sweater that someone gave us and transformed it into a skirt, shrug and leg warmers for Sassy!



The cute sweater, I transformed!

Sassy showing off her new outfit.

I have a total of 2 bucks in this outfit....Sassy's grandma sent her the tights and shirt for her birthday....The sweater was a hand-me-down....and the shoes are a name brand that I picked up at a thrift store for 2 bucks!
Sassy is proud of this cause I made if for her and it was done with LOVE....I am proud that I have daughter that is NOT superficial by having to have brand new high dollar clothing. I am, also proud that she has her own individuality....my girl draws up designs and asks me to make her outfits! I will post some in some future posts. Awhile back, she said that some girls in her class made fun of her cause she didn't match. I told her that individuality is COOL to have and that just cause she doesn't conform to every one else doesn't change who she is.....and if they were real friends they wouldn't care if she wore hand made or high dollar clothing. She was satisfied with that and said I was right because she has more HEART than most kids. AWWWWW!

No comments: