Monday, January 24, 2011

My washing machine died...RIP

My washing machine died yesterday! Now that was NOT fun! Bob had thrown in some of clothes, so he could finish getting his stuff together because he knew he was leaving back out today. He BROKE it! LOL No, not really...it had been making this weird noise for a bit and not spinning the water out like it should have!  Well, yesterday, he put a load in while I was cooking breakfast and after we were finished eating he was gonna throw them dryer. There was still water in the drum....he turned the knob and it did nothing. UGH!!!! Next thing I knew my floor was flooded with water! DOUBLE UGH!!!!! The pump went out! We got the washer moved out to the deck on the side of the house.....OMG it was heavy from still having water in it and clothes! The dang thing is STILL sitting on the deck...I guess I can fit in with the rest of the trailerhood now! Anyhow, we are pretty broke and a new washer didn't fit in our measly little budget! We called a plumber friend of ours, and asked if he knew of anyone that had a washer that was free OR really cheap! He said he'd call us back in a hour.....less than an hour later we had a new used ugly off white washer all for 50 bucks! I Have to admit that this thing may look older than the one that I had BUT it sure works good! I hate doing laundry BUT I like having a washing machine.

Anyhow like I said the old one is sitting on the deck....I plan on taking the drum out of and making me a flower planter from it...my Grandma Sanford did this back in the when I was a kid! I thought it was cool...I want to do this soooooo bad and you really should have seen the look on my Honey's face when I told him about it....I know in he was thinking that I had lost my mind (what little bit I hadn't lost already)! He, then smiled at me and said I know you are pretty crafty and I know you will make something COOL out of it!

No comments: