Monday, January 17, 2011

A sick young'un...


My poor young'un is not feeling well today (or yesterday)....
Yesterday, I woke up to her crying cause her head hurt...she was feeling warm to touch. I took her temp and it was just a low grade fever...as the day progressed she said her throat was hurting. My first thought was PLEASE don't let this be strep!!! I told her that if she wasn't feeling better tomorrow (which is today now) that I would take her to the doctor. She asked me for some ginger ale and I figured if her throat was sore that some popcicles would be a nice treat too. Yesterday she lived on those popcicles, ginger ale and OJ!
We got up at 6 am by mistake this morning since there was no school due to it being MLK holiday! We laid in bed til a little after 7 am. We got up and got dressed and headed into town to the doctor. One good thing about living in a small town is being able to go to the doctor without an appointment. We were 3rd on the sign in sheet..YAY...that meant a short wait! When the doctor came in, he talked to Sammi and could tell she really didn't feel well since she wasn't as lively as she usually is. He said he really didn't think she had strep but just a throat infection! Her ears were clear as was her chest! He told her she was going to receive a shot of antibiotics and a perscription for an antibiotic! He did say that I need to call him in the morning to update him because if she isn't feeling any better, he wants her to get the meds for the flu! Since, the flu is running rampant in the county! I just hope she gets better soon! I hate seeing my little girl sick!

***UPDATE****
1/18/11
My girl is feeling much better and I do believe she DOES NOT have the flu...
She will be going back to school on Wednesday! YAY!

No comments: